Minefaire: The Ultimate Minecraft Fan Experience Coming to Saint Paul RiverCentre (March 17-18)
The #1 Minecraft event in the U.S. is announcing its 2018 tour. Over the course of eight months, Minefaire: The Ultimate Minecraft Fan Experience, will travel coast-to-coast to bring families together in 11 U.S. cities.
Minefaire is an official Minecraft Community Event that set a Guinness World Record for largest convention for a single video game when it debuted in October 2016. Kicking off its 2018 tour with new attractions as well as its famed costume contest, Minefaire will visit the following locations:
* Feb. 10-11, 2018: San Francisco Bay Area
* March 17-18, 2018: St. Paul
* April 14-15, 2018: Los Angeles
* May 19-20, 2018: Houston
* August 4-5, 2018: New York/North Jersey
* August 11-12, 2018: Denver
* September 8-9, 2018: Chicago
* September 22-23, 2018: Sacramento
* October 6-7, 2018: Washington, DC
* October 13-14, 2018: Philadelphia
"Many parents ask us, 'Why is my child so fascinated with Minecraft?'" says Chad Collins, one of the fathers who founded Minefaire. "Minefaire is a chance to understand, as well as connect with your kids through their favorite game and have a blast! We have created a one-of-a-kind Minecraft experience that introduces like-minded children to one another and inspires the next generation of engineers and architects."
"It's not just a game," says Minefaire Co-Founder Gabe Young. "While you're making dinner and your kids are playing Minecraft, they're experiencing the huge educational and inspirational aspects that are driving them to think really, really big. I have learned so much about my own children by joining them in their favorite pastime, and I want other parents to share a similar experience with their kids."
Minecraft is a virtual game where you build new worlds, block by block, by mining the resources you find and crafting them into something great. It's the second best-selling standalone video game of all time, with more than 122 million units sold, only outranked by Tetris. Children and parents who attend Minefaire will enjoy hands-on attractions, including:
* Minecraft Virtual Reality Experience
* Nonstop, Live Stage Shows: Spanning multiple mega-stages.
* Minecraft Costume Contest: Kids dress up and compete as their favorite Minecraft characters.
* YouTube Meet & Greets: With Minecraft YouTube superstars who have millions of followers.
* Build Battles: Kids and adults compete in live gaming arenas.
* Learning Lab: Meet official Minecraft mentors and educators using Minecraft in classrooms.
* Minecraft Gifts: New, rare and custom items you can't find anywhere else.
* Watch the official Minefaire video here.
For more information or to register, go to Minefaire.com. Children ages two and under enter Minefaire for free.