The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium Box Office is open based on event need. For concerts, the box office generally opens two hours prior to the scheduled event. Show specific details may be found at each show’s event page.
Tickets for events at The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium may be purchased at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office during normal business hours.
The Xcel Energy Center Box Office is located in the main lobby at the southeast entrance of Xcel Energy Center (Gate 1). There are NO Ticketmaster convenience charges on tickets purchased at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office for events at The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium.
General Xcel Energy Center Box Office Information
199 West Kellogg Boulevard
Saint Paul, MN 55102
651-726-8240 (Please note this number is for event information only and cannot process ticket orders.)
Individual tickets for all Xcel Energy Center and Roy Wilkins Auditorium events on sale to the public may be purchased at the following locations:
- In person at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office
- Ticketmaster Ticket Centers
- Ticketmaster charge-by-phone at 800-745-3000 (TDD/TTY at 800-359-2525)
- Online at www.ticketmaster.com
Methods of payment accepted at the box office:
- Major credit or debit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover)
- Xcel Energy Center gift certificates are accepted for payment.
- Personal checks, company checks, and traveler’s checks are not accepted.
Xcel Energy Center Box Office Hours of Operation
Regular Box Office Hours (September-April):
- Monday – Saturday : 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed, except for events (opens 4 hours prior to the event start time) and on sales (open for on sale time only)
Summer Box Office Hours (May-August):
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed, except for events (opens 4 hours prior to the event start time) and on sales (open for on sale time only)
Based on the Xcel Energy Center event schedule, closing times may be extended. The box office may be closed on holidays.
Will Call Information & Policies
Will call is available in advance at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office or on the night of the event at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium Box Office. Will call windows open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled event. Once the box office has closed during an event, all unclaimed tickets are taken to security at the main entrance for the convenience of late arrivers.
Will call tickets will only be released to the person whose name appears on the will call envelope or whose name was provided in the Ticketmaster transaction. No person will be given tickets designated for another person without prior authorization. Proper photo identification is required (valid driver’s license or passport) in order to claim your tickets. Your order confirmation number and purchasing credit card may also be required if applicable. A signature from the person authorized to pick up the tickets will be obtained at the time will call tickets are claimed. Signatures will remain on file for future reference. Name changes will not be accepted via the telephone and information regarding will call tickets will not be given out over the phone.
The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium holds a lottery for most events the day tickets go on sale to the public. The lottery procedure is used for reasons of safety and fairness for most shows at Xcel Energy Center and The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium.
Informational procedures and notes are as follows:
- Numbered wristbands will be distributed in numerical order beginning one hour prior to the on sale time and concluding 10 minutes prior to the on sale time. After receiving your wristband, you may leave the facility as long as you return prior to the drawing. You must be present at the time of the drawing or you will forfeit your spot. No exceptions.
- At approximately 10 minutes prior to the on sale time, a single number will be drawn. The bearer of the wristband with this number will be designated “first in line." The remaining lottery participants will line up in numerical order following the person first in line. A building staff member will assist in organizing the line and ensuring guests are in the proper order.
- Shortly before the on sale time, a staff member will direct ticket buyers to the designated windows in an orderly fashion to purchase tickets. One person at a time will be directed to the windows.
- Once you get to the ticket window, state the number of tickets you are purchasing and price range. The ticketing system will automatically bring up the best available tickets. Only best available seating is sold during on sales. After the on sale line has all been helped, the box office is able to assist with specific ticket search requests.
Gift certificates are available for purchase at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office and can be purchased in any denomination. Gift certificates may be used to purchase tickets for Xcel Energy Center and Roy Wilkins Auditorium events at the box office, concessions in Xcel Energy Center and merchandise in the Hockey Lodge. Xcel Energy Center gift certificates are not accepted for concessions at The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium.
We also accept orders for gift certificates through the mail or via fax. Orders received by mail or fax are subject to a $7.50 per order handling fee.
Orders for gift certificates should be faxed to 651-726-8246 or mailed to the following address:
Xcel Energy Center Box Office
199 West Kellogg Boulevard
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Xcel Energy Center gift certificates may not be used at Ticketmaster Ticket Centers or for online or telephone purchases. The Xcel Energy Center Box Office does not accept Ticketmaster gift certificates for purchases.
Secondary Ticket Market Consumer Warning
Xcel Energy Center and The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium use bar code scanning for ticket admissions. As a result, fans should be careful when purchasing tickets and should make sure the seller is an Xcel Energy Center and Roy Wilkins Auditorium licensed contractor, otherwise you may be purchasing a ticket that is invalid and will be denied admission.
Ticketmaster is the ONLY authorized ticketing agent outside of the Xcel Energy Center Box Office. If you purchase tickets from an unauthorized agent in the secondary market (scalper, ticket broker, eBay, Craigslist, etc.), you risk purchasing counterfeit or invalid tickets.